Okay, so this is my first post to such a thing as well; what can I tell you? I'm finishing up my tenure at the end of this month as writer-in-residence at the University of Alberta, and then back to Ottawa to promote the upcoming ottawa small press book fair that I've been running twice a year since 1994. Too much! Here is a fragment of a longer thing I was working on last week, while at the Banff Writing Studio [see my other post on such here].from The Banff Sessions
mouth at knees your back,
a downward mastery of slopes
do you breathe me, trees?
pacific out a breeze, warm air
would subvert, slide
this lake of little wishes
in its mastery, floorboards failure
down the mountain path
month-watch, switch & bait,
a cornerstone of halves
tectonic caution, apple waves
little wonder, this were fishes,
would the tongue insider be falling
, falling
rob mclennan
Edmonton AB
2 comments:
tectonic caution... o ...
look at Mt. Rundle... you got it...
breath those trees for me
Oooh! Love the line "do you breathe me, trees?"
Post a Comment